First Group Project at The Iron Yard

Today I finished my project, The Connected Web. I worked remotely with Jenell. She specifically wanted to work on the API aspect. I really wanted to work on it too, because it’s new and I need to practice it as well, but I recognized that we needed to split up the work and I still could use the practice with the other aspects of React.

I did the html/css layout of what the project was to look like and then I set up the navigation, CSS and HTML in React. It was good to have the practice of formatting for React, I realized I forgot some things that I thought were going to come easy.

I think the most difficult thing about the project is that we were working remotely the whole time and at different times of day. But we stayed in communication pretty constantly and I made sure to get Jenell what she needed. In class on Thursday, we set up a game plan and I looked around at different API sites and found the IMDb API siteĀ omdbapi.

We communicated pretty well over Slack, but looking back I think I could improve my next project with better code documentation. We discovered after pushing the site to surge that the Poster API has some issues on regular sites, we didn’t notice this until we deployed because it worked fine on local and in our cached browsers.